Is RHPG's Iprep v9.....

Post Iprep 101 things here.
xx0warrig0xx
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Is RHPG's Iprep v9.....

Post by xx0warrig0xx »

Is v9 going to be a prodogy, where its going to be the one people use for years?

Is the next release going to be for hitachi or can you only flash that in windows

whats a DOS solution for Hitachi or is their none
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Is RHPG's Iprep v9.....

Post by technoe »

Currently there are no DOS solutions for the Hitachi models. iPrep V8.9 is just another update. Right now I believe that jungle flasher will be the all in one program it's meant to be once they work out all the bugs. It won't take them very long and Team Jungle will have it.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
Gisborne
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Gisborne »

technoe wrote:Currently there are no DOS solutions for the Hitachi models. iPrep V8.9 is just another update. Right now I believe that jungle flasher will be the all in one program it's meant to be once they work out all the bugs. It won't take them very long and Team Jungle will have it.
Ha Ha Ha, some people write funny thing's.

The error's with Jungle Flasher (Ref VIA) cant's be worked out no matter what they do, it's a hardware limitation.
I for one can't use JF when working with Lite-On's, The solution they have of removing the VIA drives just isn't acceptable.
My WHOLE PC is VIA based, if I remove the drivers I can't boot windows, so JF will not be the one to end all, it's just not possible.

To answer the original question, no V009 (Thats 2 0's first) is not, v010 might be :) lol
When the bad gets good...

aVByZXAgdjAxMCBpcyBpbiBkZXZlbG9wbWVudA==
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Sorry Gisborne but I respectfully disagree. Software can be designed to overcome any hardware obstacles. It's all just a matter of time. I mean look at iPrep it took some work but is now the most stable (if not best) flashing program available. And I would probably use it all the time if there was some Hitachi support. There's definitely some really cool stuff out there and I'll be excited to see the evolution of both programs.
Gisborne
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Gisborne »

The problem with the VIA chips is they Poll back to the OS, hence you have to remove the drivers, So yes it can be overcome by software, however it would mean Team Jungle would need to re-write all the currect VIA Chipset drivers to fix the problem.
I don't see that happening anytime soon, That's why I said it's a Hardware problem, The Poll is built into the VIA Hardware.
When the bad gets good...

aVByZXAgdjAxMCBpcyBpbiBkZXZlbG9wbWVudA==
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

That makes since, and there are a ton of VIA components out there so it would indeed be a miracle for them to re-write ALL of them.
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Must admit i used jungle a few times until the guys worked out the 1.51 problem but i'm back to using iprep as i find it easier and don't totally trust running a program through windows when theres so many background progs running. Mind i occasionally run the dumped files through jungleflasher to check the keys etc before i finish the flash with iprep. (i know but i tend to err on the side of caution) Oh and toolbox for Hit drives. But it's all down to personal preference at the end of the day and go for whatever you feel most comfortable using.. iprep

Return to “IPreP”