hello all

Just drop in and say hi.
Shootsteel
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: hello all

Post by Shootsteel »

btw don't post up your real key numbers...for your own protection I would edit or delete the above where you dumped the key :D :D :D
residentevil
Squire
Squire

Post by residentevil »

hi there

yup sorry bout that with the key i forgot to edit it lol

just a reply on that flash process i had dont i eventually bought another xbox 360 and luckily it came with the same power pack cable i needed to boot this original hitachi xbox up and get wot the flash works it booted up and now plays originals after i had flashed it (nice one) wen i put a backup in it asks me if i wanna update but dont know if the games work maybe i didnt patch it right for i extreme 1.5 also this console had the red rings so i took it apart cleaned the heat sinks and it works fine ( a bargain for only £10 thats all i paid for it lol) but i need to get some heatsink paste to put on the sinks then it will be fine

just thought i wud send a quick reply to tell u that flash all worked thats for ur help and replies appreciate it

cheers

res
Shootsteel
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Shootsteel »

Good to hear that.....good luck in the future and if you need anything post up. :D
residentevil
Squire
Squire

Post by residentevil »

ty ty just need to find some paste to put on the heatsinks and some solution to clean em lol dunno where to get any from lol ne ideas on which it the best
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

I think the best way to clean the grease is to heat it up with a blow dryer, nothing too hot, just enough to melt the heat sink grease. Then use a cotton swab or ball to soak it up. RadioShack sells Artic II grease.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
residentevil
Squire
Squire

Post by residentevil »

sorry im in the UK dont av a radioshack over hear but this radioshack seems like a great little shop for this type of stuff cos loads of people suggest it would they ship items over to the UK for me or is it only american based shipping yup ive heard different stories about cleaning it but were abit wary ov trying it lol the alcohol solution seems to be best way but thats like £9 a bottle and some say it it artic 2 and arctic 5 paste and thats £7 for little tube lol
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

They've got a website, but you'd probably be better off finding your own little shop.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
residentevil
Squire
Squire

Post by residentevil »

well hello all again just to let yas all know that the flash i did on the hitachi drive worked fine well i got some thermal paste and alcohol solution claened me heatsinks made em shinny changed me x clamps to bolts and it all worked no red light of doom untill about 10 minutes later dont know whats goin on with it got 3 red lights again lol

just one question i got another xbox 360 and it has an hitachi drive in it which is the original drive i was wondering can i put the flashed hitachi drive what i done in this new xbox and will it work or dont it work like that

thanks

res
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

no you can not mover one drive into a different console and it just work.

well you can but it take some work
you cant just put it in and it work
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
residentevil
Squire
Squire

Post by residentevil »

hello cofree

wen u say take some work as in what

but i wud still need the original key from the original lite on drive if i was just to swap drives wudnt i

ive just messed about with the red rings on the hitachi xbox and this is what i did just some info for ne one in same position now i took one clamp off the cpu and secured it with new paste and bolts but i left the other clamp on (original)

then just screwed the tiny black screws on the underneath of the CPU AND GPU (just a little bit not too tight

installed the fan (only the fan) then powered on no red lights booted to dashboard :)

disconected everything screw in all the other screws put in drive and put xbox back together again powered back on and no red lights all working well now
but for how long i dont know but i noticed the way i done it the fan isnt as loud now it runs perfect like my new xbox does so fingers crossed

i am still intrigued on when u say it will take much work please elaborate

thanks cofree

res
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

that is all i mean man
you have to have the key from the orig dvd drive that was in the console and put it in the firmware of the drive you want to use.
No Questions by PM.
residentevil
Squire
Squire

Post by residentevil »

thanks cofree

i think i av to admit that i aint got the key from the original lite on drive so i presume that drive is knackered broke dead lol no way to fix it cos it only plays original dvd movies thats it am i right

thanks
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

if yu dont have the orig key from a dvd drive
and the firmware in the drive dont have the key
then yea
its game over for that console
sorry man
No Questions by PM.
residentevil
Squire
Squire

Post by residentevil »

thats what i thought ohh well i suppose i can use it as a dvd player an expensive dvd player at that lolol
its all good cos i got another one for online gaming and got me flashed one aswell but dont go online with that one
residentevil
Squire
Squire

Post by residentevil »

hi all agin
i am just wondering with this liteon drive that i have been talking about in previous posts i would like to know would i be able to change the PCB board in the drive that only plays original dvd movies with another liteon pcb board and would that work or not

thanks

Return to “Say Hello”