Help with iprep v9 and benq

Post Iprep 101 things here.
HoodedSoldier
Peasant
Peasant

Help with iprep v9 and benq

Post by HoodedSoldier »

I was trying to update my benq drive tonight to 1.51 and i didn't have the original key but i have done a benq already without the original key and had no problems. Now i'm not sure the exact way i did the reflash of the first benq last week. But today when doing mine i get no valid key after i do the read part of the benofw.bin. I ignored it and proceeded to flash and it seemed like everything went well but when i go to play a original or back up all i get is play dvd in the dashboard menu. Can anyone help.

Also i've been a long time user of the site first post ever. Thanks alot guys for all the help. cofree been using your tutorials on youtube way before i even knew you had a site.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Help with iprep v9 and benq

Post by CoFree »

HoodedSoldier wrote:I was trying to update my benq drive tonight to 1.51 and i didn't have the original key
when you reflash a benq
you flash it just like it has never been flashed
you do the dump
then firmtool runs and builds the hacked firmware
after there is a good key(must have a good key)
then you go to the flash.

If you flash a drive after it said it did not have a good key
then the console and drive are bricked.
that is if you dont have a save copy of the orig firmware dump or a copy of the "cfw"
they would have to have the console dvd drive key
you must have that.
HoodedSoldier wrote:i have done a benq already without the original key and had no problems.
right because
when you dumped the drive it pulled the GOOD key from the firmware and put it in the hacked firmware(that is the job of firmtool by:caster420)
then you flashed it in and all was well
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
HoodedSoldier
Peasant
Peasant

Post by HoodedSoldier »

Ok so basically i messed up and i know where i messed up at because i decided to skip the dump part for some odd reason i was rushing. Ok so say that i can't find my original key can i use someone else's? I have a few customers old keys would those work? Also if i can how would i do it what is the method?
Shootsteel
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Shootsteel »

Ok so say that i can't find my original key can i use someone else's?
Sorry to say that would be a positive NO....YOUR key ....unlocks your MOBO's lock....without your key you are out of luck....sorry man :cry:
HoodedSoldier
Peasant
Peasant

Post by HoodedSoldier »

I didn't think it was bricked being that i can still eject the drive when i put it back in the casing. Damn i'm pissed now. Well at least i have a service plan on it at bestbuy unless there is a work around. I just checked my back up and cannot find my drive key. I have everyones but mine. Damn shame
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Yeah unfortunately M$ got wise to the vulnerability in the BIOS that allowed us to extract the key from the mobo. Infectus HAD a great product, but now it's basically worthless.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!

Return to “IPreP”