iprep benq drive using via raid controller 3349

Post Iprep 101 things here.
daveycalhoon
Squire
Squire

iprep benq drive using via raid controller 3349

Post by daveycalhoon »

Hello i need some help!
i've previously flashed my benq drive using iprep 101 v006.1 from original firm ware to stealth 1.4 i now need to update so i can play wave 3 games probably the new ixtreme 1.6. The problem is i'm using my intergrated sata controller uses via vt8251 chipset from my asus A8v-VM series motherboard (called via raid controller 3349 in device manager in xp) which worked using iprep first time round. but iprep will no longer find the sata drives when booting from a created bootable usb pen, any ideas? i've also tried using JungleFlasher v0.1.59 Beta but although it finds the sata controlled ports it doesn't recognise the benq drive when connected so unable to go any futher. any ideas on a flashing method or things for me to try would be greatly apreciated?

cheers dave
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: iprep benq drive using via raid controller 3349

Post by CoFree »

well use rhpg iprep v.009
and update the def file
so it will load the v1.6 firmware

other than that as long as you are right about flash with your onbo sata port before then it should
work now
it must be some thing in your set up
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
daveycalhoon
Squire
Squire

Post by daveycalhoon »

i've tried using that but similar problems, also when creating bootable usb pen usin rhpg iprep i get a error message
" Exception Processing Message c00000a3 Paraeters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c" but after pressing continue pen is created as normal. any idea what this means, could this be the problem?
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

The Exception Processing errors are normally down to your floppy being enabled in the bios, disable it (even if you haven't got one in your system)
daveycalhoon
Squire
Squire

Post by daveycalhoon »

yeah thats got rid of that error, when u say earlier must be something with your setup, is that in the bios setup as every thin seems to go well in windows when using iprep? cheers
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Cofree's spot-on, if you've managed to flash it once with your setup you should be able to do it again. Make sure you use the primary sata port if you're using iprep. Might take a bit of trial and error if they're not marked on your mb or in the manual if you have it. On the right hand side of iprep it'll give you the primary port when you select your via chipset.

Disconnect all drives attached to your mb apart from the benq and disable raid in the bios.

Edit: downloaded the user manual for your motherboard, the primary port is the bottom right of the 4 , nearest the front of your pc. Marked SATA 1.
daveycalhoon
Squire
Squire

Post by daveycalhoon »

get in u nice un!!!!
finaly got it to work, had to go into bios and switch the Serial ATA ide controller to IDE from ACHI or RAID
thanks for your help
dave

so y otherboard asus a8v-v is compatible with iprep and benq drive if anyone needs to know !!
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Nice one, glad you got it sorted mate.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

glad you got it man.