Help! Lite-On Flash Iprep 8.8 and iXtreme 1.6?

Post Iprep 101 things here.
benzetz
Peasant
Peasant

Help! Lite-On Flash Iprep 8.8 and iXtreme 1.6?

Post by benzetz »

I've used your guides and forum to get my 360 flashed and up-to-date quite some time ago, but I dragged my feet before trying to update to iXtreme 6.1 until now. Apparently Klutch's site is down for a facelift, and I can't find iprep v9 anywhere else, so I thought I'd try what I already had, iPrep 8.8.

I overwrote the old ixDef.xml with the new 1.6 compatible ixDef.xml file, downloaded "LiteOn_iXtreme-THX_v1.6.REPACK.rar" and loaded the lite-on CFW through iprep, set up the USB flash drive, and then followed the usual directions for iprep 8. Everything went great except at the end of the key dump sequence I got, "Valid key not found... check the range, etc..".

I'm using a CK3 kit and probe, and have tried applying the probe both before and after typing "dlit 1234567 12345", with the same result.

Am I missing something? Do I need v9 of iprep instead of 8.8? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!
rkd2398
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: Help! Lite-On Flash Iprep 8.8 and iXtreme 1.6?

Post by rkd2398 »

You can get the new RHPG IPrep ver 9 here: viewtopic.php?f=112&t=48" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I personally haven't tried flashing a lite-on with iprep. I have only used Jungle Flasher. I found it very easy to use JF as a n00b. :D But the choice is yours as to what will be easier. Just post up any questions you might have.

Here is a tut on that: http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 195&t=4419" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here is the new Iprep tut: http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 195&t=5130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/rkd2398[/url]

Please No Questions by PM, Use the board that's what it's for.
benzetz
Peasant
Peasant

Post by benzetz »

Ah, great, thanks for the links! I'll give it a go and post the results when I can.

I've been meaning to try JF too. I started out with iPrep, so it's a bit more familiar to me.

Thanks again!
benzetz
Peasant
Peasant

Post by benzetz »

I'm trying to get more familiar with Jungle Flasher, since it looks really useful, but I'm having a bit of a problem getting the program to display properly. I can get it started but the window it opens into is cutting off the right-hand side of the interface. There's no maximize button either... Does this make sense at all? I've tried both 1.59 and 1.60 with the same results. I'm running on XP pro.
rkd2398

Post by rkd2398 »

Hmm.... Have you tried adjusting your resolution on your pc? Depending on your moniter, I would try like 1024 x 768. That's what I use for my dual 17".

benzetz
Peasant
Peasant

Post by benzetz »

I did actually try that, but unfortunately it didn't work out. Here's a screenshot to show you exactly what I'm seeing:

The window that JF opens into is not scrollable, expandable, nor can I maximize it. I went through and updated my video drivers, java, flash, everything I could think of... Also, I've tried two older versions of JF and they all have the same issue.
rkd2398

Post by rkd2398 »

I have never seen that. Maybe one of the other guys might have a idea on how to fix it.

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

trash that jungle and get
another copy from the programs thread
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Right click on your desktop, click on properties, settings, advanced, general and check to see if your dpi settings are 120 or above.. If they are reset them to 96 dpi and reboot and try again.
benzetz
Peasant
Peasant

Post by benzetz »

Huzzah! It was the DPI settings. Thanks, Dalecheesy! The secondary monitor I'm using is a little smaller than I'm used to, so I bumped up the DPI to 120, but that must have been about 2 years ago. I didn't even remember I had done that, heh. Okay, I'm off to tinker with JF. Thanks to everyone for the help!
rkd2398

Post by rkd2398 »

dalecheesy wrote:Right click on your desktop, click on properties, settings, advanced, general and check to see if your dpi settings are 120 or above.. If they are reset them to 96 dpi and reboot and try again.

That's a good thing to keep in the back of your head.

dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Glad you got it sorted, plus respect due for using the word tinker in a sentence..sweet. lol

Return to “IPreP”