my tooth is blue

Any thing that should be in the toilet can and should be posted here!
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

my tooth is blue

Post by BobSeager »

A friend's birthday is coming up. He loves bluetooth and wants to automate as much as he can in his house and car. Anyone had any good gadgets or ideas for stuff like this? I'm thinking of getting him an FM transmitter although thats not too fun.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: my tooth is blue

Post by CoFree »

BobSeager wrote:wants to automate as much as he can in his house and car
wow
it can be done
but
its going to cost some money.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
rkd2398
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by rkd2398 »

I got a Motorola Bluetooth Home Stereo adapter DC800. I have it hooked up to my surround sound and a bluetooth adapter to my pc. I can stream my iTunes from my room to the living room. I think it pretty sweet.
[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/rkd2398[/url]

Please No Questions by PM, Use the board that's what it's for.
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Bluetooth gloves.That way he can wear them wherever he goes and his hands will be nice n warm too..a snip at 495 bucks... :o :o

However this looks like loadsa fun:

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

haha dude i dont even know where to begin the rebuttle of that proposition ;) i think id start with the price
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Post by commando_lee »

BobSeager wrote:A friend's birthday is coming up. He loves bluetooth and wants to automate as much as he can in his house and car. Anyone had any good gadgets or ideas for stuff like this? I'm thinking of getting him an FM transmitter although thats not too fun.
dont you have to have a lience to transmit on FM wave lenght
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

No short wave FM doesn't require a license as long as it complies with all of the FCC regulatory bull crap. Ex:

It must accept any interference received.
It must be limited to no more than 1000ft.
It can not interfere with any licensed broadcast signal, TV, Radio etc...
And must be inspectable at all times.

Those are the big ones.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
iamwatt
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by iamwatt »

im interested in them gloves. . . is that real? and what do they do?
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

technoe wrote:No short wave FM doesn't require a license as long as it complies with all of the FCC regulatory bull crap. Ex:

It must accept any interference received.
It must be limited to no more than 1000ft.
It can not interfere with any licensed broadcast signal, TV, Radio etc...
And must be inspectable at all times.

Those are the big ones.
thats good to know.
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

iamwatt wrote:im interested in them gloves. . . is that real? and what do they do?
Not much really:
"Bluetooth technology has been finding its way into ski gear for years now, but Swany has taken things to a whole 'nother level -- one that's only reachable via the heated quad-lift. Unless this description is positively inaccurate, there's actually a Bluetooth module, speaker and microphone tucked within one of the g.cell gloves. When it detects an incoming call, it gives your wrist a shake (read: there's a vibrate function) and enables you to quite literally talk to the hand. Swany asserts that it'll last for 12 hours on standby (4 hours of talk time), though your phone may crap out a few hours earlier in extreme temperatures. Now that we think about it, wrestling that mobile out of our deep coat pockets with frostbitten hands is pretty annoying -- maybe that $495 price tag isn't so staggering after all."
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Thanks guys.

I ended up getting him an fm transmitter and this-

It's a bluetooth controller with a little scroll pad. You can use it to navigate movie folders.

I did not get the gloves ;)
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

Cool did that cost much? What else can it do?
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

$59 at thinkgeek, pricey for what it is, but unique. It can't do a whole lot else that I know of. He wanted a keyboard with trackpad but those get expensive fast. I may get one for myself tho, its basically just a mouse that you can control in the air or anywhere else via the trackpad. This makes it ideal for using it as a media remote in a chair or bed.
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Thats funky Bob..I normally use my Sony Ericcson phone with the remote control app when i've got my bluetooth dongle in the pc. Still shoulda bought the gloves.. :D :D
King Brace Blane
Squire
Squire

Post by King Brace Blane »

We are the Borg resistance is futile...

I truly believe we are going to end up with the option to implant cellphones soon. "They" have developed contact lenses for the internet and I am all for progressive technology. I just hope this shit stays optional.

My company is working on a prototype program for house hold automation. So far the program uses a simple VRU (yes like the computer on Star Trek) to listen for odd noises though out the home. So if the AI hears glass break and nobody is at home, it asks over the speakers, "Is some one there?". Then if it doesn't hear an appropriate response in a set time it dials 911 and reports a possible B and E. We are always joking that we should have it tell the 911 operator that it is afraid of being stolen. That is just one of it's features. But is that what you meant by automating his house? Once the software and hardware hits the stores, I think the planned price is somewhere around $500 to $1,000. Which is a drop in the bucket if you are paying an alarm company to do the same damn thing.

Return to “The Outhouse”