PLEASE HELP!!! Bricked Benq Drive!!!

Post Iprep 101 things here.
minnieman94
Squire
Squire

PLEASE HELP!!! Bricked Benq Drive!!!

Post by minnieman94 »

ok, so today i was going to play my copy of holy 3 that i made. it didnt work... so i tried one of my regular games... IT DIDNT WORK! so i go to reflash my drive and my computer freezes right in the middle of flashing! now my drive wont do anything. what do i do! :(
hyperdrive
Bandit
Bandit

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! Bricked Benq Drive!!!

Post by hyperdrive »

Hello

How did you flash it originally? iPrep/JungleFlasher?

Which version of iXtreme?

I'm sure your ok if you have backed up your key / benOFW.bin.

As I understand recovery using iPrep is pretty straight forward.

From reading a few of CoFree's posts below is what I think you need to do, although I would wait on confirmation from someone with more experience.

Make an iprep boot flash with RHPG Iprep v009
In the backup folder make a folder named 1234567
then in that folder make a folder named 12345
in there put the firmware you want to flash in. It needs to be named bencfw.bin

If you have your original Firmware dump,

I would use JungleFlasher,

Go to the FirmTool Tab, load your original firmware,
open up the iXtreme 1.6 file,
spoof your key from your original FW to the target and save to file.

Take this bencfw.bin and place it into the relevant backup folder on your iPrep drive.

Then just flash it in like normal

Boot on the flash and run the flash command

fben 1234567 12345

This is just what I THINK you need to do. Wait on confirmation and give it a go.
_\*/*\HyperDrive/*\*/_
minnieman94
Squire
Squire

Post by minnieman94 »

thanks will give it a try!
hyperdrive
Bandit
Bandit

Post by hyperdrive »

I'm 95% sure that is the correct procedure,

when it comes to getting it into vendor mode, you will need to play around with that,

are you using a connectivity kit or using the xbox for power?

Good luck and post back let us know how you got on.
_\*/*\HyperDrive/*\*/_
minnieman94
Squire
Squire

Post by minnieman94 »

hmmmmmm.... i got further than before. now when i get to the point of flashing it erases it fine then it will say "writing bank 0..." and just sit there until my xbox just over heats and shuts down. i am using the 360 power. any more tips? :(
hyperdrive
Bandit
Bandit

Post by hyperdrive »

I gather the initial flash was with iPrep?

1st I would make sure all drives are unplugged apart from the xbox, go into bios and disable the floppy boot seek, and try again.

If that doesn't work:

I have only flashed with JungleFlasher, personally I would give that a go.

You may want to wait for CoFree/Sadalius/Technoe/lilrevuk/dalecheesy/BobSeager/cyantific just to double check.

But if you do try, open Jungleflasher, in the Firmtool tab, press Open Target Firmware, select your bencfw.bin, it will load your iXtreme with your spoofed key, make sure your key shows and not 77777777777777777777777777777777.

Next go to the MTKFlash tab, try the benq unlock button, don't think that will work but give it a go, if it doesn't press intro/device ID and do the half tray open to get into vendor mode, press erase once in vendor mode, then write.

If it completes, (may show an error about "Write verify failed", 2 of mine did, and still worked) then press Outro/ATA Reset, and give it a try in your box.
_\*/*\HyperDrive/*\*/_
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

The best thing here is to get a connectivity kit of some type. I have an old CK that I got from ebay for 10 bucks but it doesn't have a power switch so I ended up using a second power strip as my power switch. Powering the drive with your 360 can be tricky, and a dangerous to the drive, your pc, and your xbox. The 360 uses what is known as a floating ground so the potential difference between the pc and the 360 can fry your drive or anything connected to it. If you don't want to use a CK then at least hook up a solid copper wire between the PC's case and the 360's case, this is a safeguard to get the two grounds as close as possible.

Hyperdrive has you on the right track, and honestly I would stick with iPrep. Unless you really cant get the drive to do anything. Second have you tried those backups on another system, or other backups on your system? (Obviously before you tried a reflash). If you can't 1.6 to work on your drive try 1.51 or 1.5.

minnieman94 wrote:hmmmmmm.... i got further than before. now when i get to the point of flashing it erases it fine then it will say "writing bank 0..." and just sit there until my xbox just over heats and shuts down. i am using the 360 power. any more tips? :(
It sounds like DOS is having interrupt problems or overflow issues. Make sure that the drive is powered on with the tray half out before you power on your PC. Again make sure you have something connecting your 360's case to your pc's if you're going to power the drive like that.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
minnieman94
Squire
Squire

Post by minnieman94 »

thanks guys... will give this a go when i get home. but there is one problem... jungle flasher wont recognize my drive. and the dvd drive seems like its dead or something because it wont open when i press eject AND my 360 wont start up but will power on. will give these tips a try later. will report back with the results! :D
minnieman94
Squire
Squire

Post by minnieman94 »

well i keep trying jungle flasher but my computer freezes everytime i trurn on my xbox and computer at the same time. then when i turn my 360 off my computer works fine. how do i fix that?
hyperdrive
Bandit
Bandit

Post by hyperdrive »

Do you have the VIA drivers installed, mine does that without them.
_\*/*\HyperDrive/*\*/_
minnieman94
Squire
Squire

Post by minnieman94 »

ya but every time i uninstall them they just atoumaticly come back :'(
hyperdrive
Bandit
Bandit

Post by hyperdrive »

I flashed my benq and another with the VIA drivers installed, my PC froze without the drivers.

Each setup is different I Guess.
_\*/*\HyperDrive/*\*/_
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

To completely disable the drivers, first disable the card in the "Device Manager" then go to "C:\Windows\System 32\Drivers\viamraid.sys for XP and vsmraid.sys for Vista and rename that file to *.bak where * equals the name of the file. Ex: viamraid.bak or vsmraid.bak. The go back to Device Manager and re-enable the card. This works for most but I still have to restart my PC to get it disabled for good. The next time you go into the "Device Manager" you should see a yellow !.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
xXwhygodwhyXx
Bandit
Bandit

Post by xXwhygodwhyXx »

minnieman94 wrote:hmmmmmm.... i got further than before. now when i get to the point of flashing it erases it fine then it will say "writing bank 0..." and just sit there until my xbox just over heats and shuts down. i am using the 360 power. any more tips? :(
I had this same error as well, my power connection some how got damaged on my benq drive and would smell smoke so I think its dead. so I got a samsung and tryed to swap the drive key and I would have that. My motherboard is a mcp and I successfully flashed my benq with it but not my samsung and heard that I need a via controller for that so I got one and came up with a different error while at bios settings.

"An internal stack overflow has caused this session to be halted. Change the stacks settings in your config.sys file, and then try again."
IMG removed -> Not suitable for a universal audience
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

minnieman94 wrote:ya but every time i uninstall them they just atoumaticly come back :'(
If you've followed technoe's advice and they're still reinstalling when you restart your pc you will probably have via hyperions or standard via drivers unzipped somewhere on your pc. Type in viamraid.sys or vsmraid.sys in the search function and do a computer scan and it should find them in another location (not the one in the system 32/drivers folder) then just delete them or recompress and try again. Technically only needed for the Liteons though but mine can be a bit iffy with them installed even with other drives.

Return to “IPreP”