Questions about software go here
beetle

Post by beetle »

Last edited by beetle on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: 2 OS XP hardrives with 1 PC./ Dual Booting

Post by BobSeager »

mmm if you have them on two different physical hard drives I'm not sure other than go into BIOS and select which one. It's not going to let you select an OS unless you do it on one drive and partition.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

The easiest thing I can think of is to just install the OS's on seperate drives like you're talking about and then just press your Boot menu button every time you want to boot into the other OS. Let's say that you want Vista Home Premium to be your primary OS. So it goes on the 80GB Sata drive. And in dos you set that drive to your first priority boot disk. So if you press the power button on your pc it will boot to Vista unless you intefere with the boot process. So on your 40GB drive is XP Pro/Home whatever, if you want to boot to that then all you need to do is press the boot menu key, for me it's F11, on my other PC it's F10. You'll just have to mess with yours to figure out what key you need to press.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
beetle

Post by beetle »

Last edited by beetle on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Well with vista you shouldn't be able to access that info anyways it has some type of admin security that I'm not real familiar with. The only other thing I can think of would be to use the storage manager to try and control that drive from XP.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!

Return to “Software”