Warning over wireless keyboard use

commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Warning over wireless keyboard use

Post by commando_lee »

A warning is being issued by the security firm Symantec over a potential problem that could affect users of the Microsoft and Logitech wireless keyboards.

The problem is coming from a group named remote-exploit.org, which has been working on an open source project for almost two years that can effectively intercept all of the keystrokes made on a wireless keyboard using the 27 MHz wireless radio transmission frequency.

It works by analysing the electromagnetic patterns that occur when the wireless keyboard is being used.

The good news is that the device has to be around ten metre away from the target in order to read the signals.

The bad news is that each keystroke can be picked up, including passwords and just about anything else that is typed on the keyboard.
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Warning over wireless keyboard use

Post by BobSeager »

remote-exploit is the team behind Backtrack linux too :?
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Warning over wireless keyboard use

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

My keyboard doesnt even work within 10m. Its only got like a 5m range.

Good thing my keyboard is father than 5m away from my property line, I will now know whats going on if some white van is parked in my back yard with a satellite dish on its roof.

Return to “General information”