just two quick questions

Post Iprep 101 things here.
bigbev
Squire
Squire

just two quick questions

Post by bigbev »

I have ckv3 pro and im about to order the Xecuter CK3 Probe. Ive been doing the ms28 and benq drives no problem. So Ive watched the video for the lite on and my questions are while im gettimg ready to extract the firmware with the probe can i use the usb that was provided with my ck3 instead of that cable that plugs behind the pc? Second question is when flashing do i have to also use the probe?
rkd2398
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: just two quick questions

Post by rkd2398 »

I believe that you can use either the usb or the RS232. I use the RS232, and I think CoFree used the usb. It doesn't matter which you use as long as the pc recognizes the drive, you are on the right com port and you are able to dump the files. Secondly, all you need the probe for is to extract the files. Once that is done, remove the probe from the R707 and you are ready to proceed.
[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/rkd2398[/url]

Please No Questions by PM, Use the board that's what it's for.
bigbev
Squire
Squire

Post by bigbev »

Thanks for your time and answere. One more question and I will leave you alone how do I make sure that if I use the usb that I'm doing it right? If I plug the usb in front of my pc usb port.I apoligize if this has been asked a hundred times before
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

NO STOP. For the Liteons and iprep you need to use the r232 cable it won't work through Usb. If you do decide you want to use the usb you will need to use jungleflasher which has the ability to use either. And yes you will need to use the probe on a stock drive, make sure that you have it connected before you press enter after typing dlit 1234567 12345 (if you decide to use iprep or whatever your serial number is) and you should be up and running in no time.
bigbev
Squire
Squire

Post by bigbev »

Ok so if I use the r232 cable and plug it behind the pc power on the drive then the eject tray power down the drive push tray 3/4 in power on the drive type serial with probe connected hit enter go through the rest of the steps with the probe connected till its time to shut down and make a back up right? Forgive for I'm replying by my blackberry lol I just want to haveall my angles covered
bigbev
Squire
Squire

Post by bigbev »

Is the rs232 cable do the same as a r232 cable as stated previouse post
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

You've got it, connect the r232 cable to the comport on the back of your pc, eject the drive etc then place the probe in the 707 point then type dlit 1234567 12345 while keeping the probe attached hit enter, after it's dumped restart the pc and you can check the dump with jungleflasher (not needed but recommended) and also save it to a couple of places including one off your pc (maybe email it to yourself) when you reboot you can go straight to the flit command.
bigbev
Squire
Squire

Post by bigbev »

Thanks man I'm goin to order the probe first thing monday thanks a whole bunch guys I will post when I attempt it early nex week
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

You could always just make one. (but i'm a cheapskate) :D

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=3967" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bigbev
Squire
Squire

Post by bigbev »

How about a rs232 is it the same as a r232?
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Yip just different names but the same lead. The rs stands for Recommended Standard 232.
bigbev
Squire
Squire

Post by bigbev »

Thnks for the quick respond. Im out the door.lol
bigbev
Squire
Squire

Post by bigbev »

K heres the thing Im haveing a problem finding a rs232 around my area and locale stores. Now i watched the video with coffree demenstrating the liteon and im almost sure he is using the usb with iprep. What will i need to use the usb that the ckv3 connectivity kit came wit . also my probe should be coming in anytime now. cant i just use the usb and connect to ckv3 and the front of my pc ? I got everything else.
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Nope iprep needs the r232 for stock liteons. Are you following this tut?? viewtopic.php?f=195&t=5130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You have a couple of options if you want to use the usb:

1: Use jungleflasher to do the lot

2:Use jungleflasher to create the hacked firmware and finish it off with ipreps flit command.

However if you do decide to use jungle instead of iprep and you have a via 6421 remember to rename the viamraid.sys file to stop the freezing issues. Plus its recommended to use one of your ports on the rear of your pc and not the front ones.
bigbev
Squire
Squire

Post by bigbev »

YES i found a store with the rs232 im only familiar with iprep so i will stick with the original plan lol jus waiting on the probe thanks

Return to “IPreP”