Flashing a LG drive

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
madhacker
Peasant
Peasant

Flashing a LG drive

Post by madhacker »

hi can anyone please help me with flashing a LG drive.. i got a connectivity kit and the firmware and Iprep V 9... i know i have to put the drive into Mode B... but iprep doesnt have support for LG drives.... please help

Regards

Bradley Petersen
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Flashing a LG drive

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Well, the drives are more commonly known as Hitachi's

iPrep does not support hitachi's, but Jungle flasher and firmware tool box will.

Look on the drive identification sticker, and look for FW Version: 00xxdj or something similar should show up. xx will be your version of the drive.

Yours is likely a 46, 47, 59, 78, or 79

If you have never flashed the drive before, your in luck, because it will be easy to flash. Simply select your drive type, send the mode b command, once you are in mode b verify the right drive is still selected, dump the drive, load ixtreme FW as target, click spoof source to target, go back to the flashing tab and flash. (This is a brief guide, once we know what drive type you have we can provide you with a step by step guide, or a video tutorial.)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

moving post to the right spot. ;)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
madhacker
Peasant
Peasant

Post by madhacker »

HaGGardSmurf wrote:Well, the drives are more commonly known as Hitachi's

iPrep does not support hitachi's, but Jungle flasher and firmware tool box will.

Look on the drive identification sticker, and look for FW Version: 00xxdj or something similar should show up. xx will be your version of the drive.

If you have never flashed the drive before, your in luck, because it will be easy to flash. Simply select your drive type, send the mode b command, once you are in mode b verify the right drive is still selected, dump the drive, load ixtreme FW as target, click spoof source to target, go back to the flashing tab and flash. (This is a brief guide, once we know what drive type you have we can provide you with a step by step guide, or a video tutorial.)

but my connectivity kit has mode b do i use that and jungle flasher mode b
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

madhacker wrote:
HaGGardSmurf wrote:Well, the drives are more commonly known as Hitachi's

but my connectivity kit has mode b do i use that and jungle flasher mode b
Use Jungle Flasher's mode B, if that will not work, then use your CK3's mode b button.

Jungle flasher will sometimes mess up if you dont have it send mode b.

Return to “Beginners”