my hard drive nightmare!

MOGGY
Bandit
Bandit

my hard drive nightmare!

Post by MOGGY »

hey all my main windows hd i cant boot windows off it goes to windows loading bar then screen very quickly goes blue with some writing on it then reboots really quick so cant read Wat on it! Wat makes it worse my new xbx360 ofw is on it! i no i should have saved to disc but didn't my bad. installed windows to another drive no prob mounted my messed up windows drive as second but cant get into it for my stuff is there anyway i can do this like i said it mounts fine but cant access it without formatting and im just not willing to do that with my ofw keys on it. any help plz thank u.
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Re: my hard drive nightmare!

Post by commando_lee »

is it sata or ide?

if IDE you can connect it via the cable that connects to your dvd drive. set the jumper to a secondy / slave. if its sata boot your windows up then connect the sata cable to the drive when windows has bootd.

Just a couple of ideas. it worked for me when my ide drive went down.
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
MOGGY
Bandit
Bandit

Post by MOGGY »

OK mate thanks so if it works it will just act like a normal secondary drive that i can take files of as i choose?
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

MOGGY wrote:OK mate thanks so if it works it will just act like a normal secondary drive that i can take files of as i choose?

yeah it will just act as a storage device. you can then take what you need off it, providin the HDD is working ok.
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

I would boot using Linux and get what you can off the drive then format the drive and reinstall Windows

i can walk you through it if you need help

all you really have to do is download a linux distro in a live cd format, burn the image, then boot from the disc and you will be able to navigate your hard drive files without windows crashing
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

BobSeager wrote:I would boot using Linux and get what you can off the drive then format the drive and reinstall Windows

i can walk you through it if you need help

all you really have to do is download a linux distro in a live cd format, burn the image, then boot from the disc and you will be able to navigate your hard drive files without windows crashing

id be interestd in that method of doing it
MOGGY
Bandit
Bandit

Post by MOGGY »

You guys are great! did Wat u said plugged into DVD cable wen window was booting the error fix started on my prob drive it worked! then i changed it to primary it is completely fixed windows boots everything! all my files there as well! + my xbox360 DVD keys! I cant thank u enough THANK U yet again RHPG rocks!
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

glad to hear that mate

Return to “General information”