Spoofing

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
c0afanh
Bandit
Bandit

Spoofing

Post by c0afanh »

I have a Samsung TS-H943 MS25 Version A DVD Drive in my Xbox 360. The drive is already flashed with the CFW iXtreme v1.51. I have noticed that when I try open the disk tray, it sometimes gets jammed or it will not come all the way out. I took apart my xbox 360 and took apart my drive to see what's wrong with it. I noticed that the black little rubber band that's inside the drive kept slipping and causing the drive not to open at all. So, I took out the black little rubber band and cleaned it with rubbing alcohol. I then put the black little rubber band back inside the drive. Put back together the drive and tested it to see if that solved the issue. It worked and now the drive no longer gets jammed and the disk tray opens. But I have noticed that the disk tray doesn't come out all the way like it used to. Should I purchase another Samsung TS-H943 MS25 DVD Drive and spoof it with the OFW that I saved when I flashed my drive with the iXtreme v1.51? or should I take apart the old drive and take out the drive board and inserted into the new drive? Will either method work? I tried to look up any video tutorials about spoofing the Samsung Drives, but I did not see any. Please help. Thanks....c0afanh.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Spoofing

Post by CoFree »

man
you posted this in the wrong place
ill move it for you.

yes ether way will work
if you get a replacement v28 drive all you will need to do is flash in a copy of your cfw from your last flash
or you can change out the pcb board
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
c0afanh
Bandit
Bandit

Post by c0afanh »

Can I use iPrep v008.8 or later to spoof the new samsung Drive with the last flash I used to flash my old samsung drive? and how do you spoof with using iPrep?
lilrevuk
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by lilrevuk »

In regards to spoofing, if you're replacing your drive with the same drive (sam ms25 to sam ms25) you won't need to spoof. Just flash your CFW in to the new drive and you should be good to go.

If your getting another type of drive, then you'll need to spoof. The easiest way of doing this is with JungleFlasher. In the firmware32 tab, load your original firmware dump as source, the load the ixtreme of the new drive as target. Click spoof source to target, job done, your firmware is now spoofed to report as your original drive.

Flash it with your preferred method, bear in mind if that's Iprep you'll need to rename it for iprep to recognise it.
And if at first you don't succeed..? Order the damn card! :Phttp://tekgems.com/Products/la-pci22-vt6421a.htm
Mirc is a place to chat, post up on the site for help!!!

Return to “Beginners”