Got a joke or a story let us hear it.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

UK Prime Minister “Very Worried” By Games

Post by CoFree »

UK Prime Minister “Very Worried” By Games
By Tom Ivan
Gordon Brown says he’s highly concerned about the impact video games have on society.
Image speaking in an interview with UK tabloid The Sun regarding his government’s policies on knife crime, Brown raised the subject of video games as a cause for concern, highlighting the use of knives in violent games as particularly troublesome.

“Society cannot cope with people carrying guns and knives and threatening to use them,” Brown said ahead of the launch of a new Violent Crime Action Plan next month.

“There are boundaries you cannot cross — and one is this country’s zero tolerance on knives.

“I am very worried about video and computer games,” he added. “No one wants censorship or an interfering State. But the industry has some responsibility to society and needs to exercise that.”

Brown previously announced his government’s intention to take a strong line against violent games due to mounting concerns over children’s exposure to “harmful violence and sexual imagery in games”.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Man I don't like the sound of this.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sccrbrandon4788
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: UK Prime Minister “Very Worried” By Games

Post by sccrbrandon4788 »

guns dont kill people, people kill people. you are a moron if you think video games kill people. i hate when i hear adults saying that games like GTA increase the crime in the city. the games have ratings for a reason, dont let your kids play it if you think they are going to act towards it. GEEZ!
lilrevuk
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by lilrevuk »

Come on, you can't link video games directly to knife crime, even if knifes are used lots in them...

You can link it to gangs perhaps...
And if at first you don't succeed..? Order the damn card! :Phttp://tekgems.com/Products/la-pci22-vt6421a.htm
Mirc is a place to chat, post up on the site for help!!!
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Basically, I feel each person is responsible for his or her own actions. Regardless what influences they've been exposed to. They choose whether or not they want to be benevolent or not. If I play violent video games, it may influence me to think more aggressively, but I still should be responsible for keeping that in check. It is after all why I'm supposed to be an adult, so I can go to the store and buy a loaf of bread all by myself.

In the case of kids, I have but one thing to say. Where are the parents. I've been in game shops where little Johnny was having their grandparents to buy them a video game and of course the game would be rated mature or something. I have said things to people in the past like, "You know that the rating of that game is?" just to see if they actually looked at the rating. You'd be surprised at how many don't even realize that the games are rated. There have been to date 7 little Johnny's that hate my guts because if stopped them from getting their favorite game. Some folks don't care though and I've been told to f**k off before, but thats ok at least they are making an informed decision and if something happens that the kid goes on a rampage, then they should be the one in the hot seat at the court house. This general philosophy can be viewed the same way with guns, or any other weapon, cable/movie content/etc. Who has the responsibility for my actions after I choose to expose myself to violent content? No one but me.

This is all my opinion though and I know that opinions are like butt holes and everyone has one. I just wish more people shared it.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “The Forest”