BenQ and iPrep v9 dump help

Post Iprep 101 things here.
Nibrok
Peasant
Peasant

BenQ and iPrep v9 dump help

Post by Nibrok »

Hi guys. noob here on the forums and was hoping you could help me out. I have followed CoFree's video guide here http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 195&t=5129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but when I get to the dumping part, I enter dben 1234567 12345, it errors out and says it can't find the original firmware in the folder. Isn't that what I'm trying to do in the first place, dump the original firmware so it can be hacked with the ixtreme firmware or am I missing something? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
rkd2398
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: BenQ and iPrep v9 dump help

Post by rkd2398 »

How many times have you tried it? I have had it happen to me and I just either reboot or try it again and it works.
[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/rkd2398[/url]

Please No Questions by PM, Use the board that's what it's for.
Nibrok
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Nibrok »

I can try over and over with the same out come. I just says "error: File BACKUPS\1234567\12345\BenOFW.bin does not exist! Program aborted!"
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

are you working on a via sata card
this one works well for the benq and samsug
but can give you a hard time on a lite-on.
http://tekgems.com/Products/la-pci22-vt6421a.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
its not seeing your drive for some reason
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sas67

Post by sas67 »

dont you have to name the file?name it benofw.bin
flash all phat's and slim drives upto 1175fw.awaiting delivery of cr3lite

Nibrok
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Nibrok »

Yeah I'm on a VIA 6421 card which I think is a POS, it can't write to my drives. The last two Lite On drives I did would not write (using iprep), it would just hang at writing bank 0, so I used my onboard sata and worked like a charm. I do have a nforce4 chipset, but when I plug my benq drive in and give it power, windows just freezes up. If I could, I'd like to use iprep to create my bootable disc and use my onboard sata, but like I said, windows just crashes in a matter of seconds as soon as I power on the drive. Any suggestions other than buying another card? Thanks for the help ;)
Nibrok
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Nibrok »

Just wanted to say that i got it working. CoFree you were correct. The VIA card I bought doesn't seem to be compatible. I just used my onboard sata and got it working first time. Thanks for the suggestion :D

Return to “IPreP”