Having trouble flashing Lite-On Drives with iXtreme v1.6

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
c0afanh
Bandit
Bandit

Having trouble flashing Lite-On Drives with iXtreme v1.6

Post by c0afanh »

When I go and try to flash a Lite-On Drive with iXtreme v1.6 with iPrep v008.8 (I do have the ixDef file updated and yes, I have tried using iPrep v009.0, but it kept freezing up. So, I re-installed iPrep v008.8 with the updated ixDef file and it's working fine.), everything goes good up until when I extract the DVD Key and it copy's fine, but I do not see the Hacked firmware in there. for example:

When the DVD key is extracted and copied, the iPrep program likes like this:

Drive Key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (you know a much of numbers and some letters)

Original Firmware Version: Lite-On DG-16D28 74850C (DummyGen Extract)
Key Location: 0x4030

Hacked Firmware Version: Lite-On DG-16D28 74850C
I DO NOT SEE THIS > Hacked FW Type: iXtreme v1.6 12x

The only thing I do not see is the Hacked FW Type like you see here. That happens every time I go to do a flash on a lite-on drive with iXtreme v1.6, but when I am going to flash a Lite-On drive with iXtreme v1.51 with iPrep v008.8, I do see the Hacked FW Type. Is this normal? Please help. Thanks....c0afanh.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Having trouble flashing Lite-On Drives with iXtreme v1.6

Post by CoFree »

man
you need to look over the board
there is a right place to post everything
ill move your post where the guys will see it and be able to help. ;)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Post by commando_lee »

This is a 2nd post with exactly the same question, http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 342#p41342" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
c0afanh
Bandit
Bandit

Post by c0afanh »

commando_lee wrote:This is a 2nd post with exactly the same question, http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 342#p41342" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hey Commando_lee, I thank you for your help, but I really don't like to use Jungle Flasher because I have so many issues with it. But, I am still willing to learn how to use Jungle Flasher. I just need help on using it. That's all man. Anyway, I will try to follow your solution. Thanks again man. If I have anymore issues using Jungle Flasher, I will post it up in the right place. Later....c0afanh.
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Post by commando_lee »

When you dump the drive you should get a file called dummy.bin use that as your source

viewtopic.php?f=195&t=3672" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

follow that untill your firmware is created. then use the guide i gave you in the other thread to flash the drive,
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”