Help...

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
specialbusboys
Squire
Squire

Help...

Post by specialbusboys »

okay so i have flashed two hitachis which is a 47 and a 59. I have flashed the drives with ixtreme 1.51 but none will play the backups. The good thing is the drives still play the originals and everything else but not the backups. i would like to know how to fix this problem since its kinda a pain.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Help...

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

What type of dvd's are you using for your backups? Have you tried cleaning the laser in the drive? How old is your burner?

You could have bad media
You could have tired lasers
You could have a weak burner

You could also have not actually flashed ixtreme, but its likely you did.
specialbusboys
Squire
Squire

Post by specialbusboys »

i use verbatims and burn them at 2.4x. i have tested all the games on my other xbox and work fine. i have been reading that the laser is not reading where the data is so the drive thinks nothing in there. But if all the media works except for the backups then i dont know. oh yeah when i dump the drive it say ixtreme 1.51
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

So neither your 47 nor your 59 read your backups? But another xbox you have reads the backups fine?
Try opening your drives, and cleaning your laser, are you completely sure you flashed the FW onto the drive?
When you try to play a backup what is the error you get, is it open tray? Is it insert disk into a 360 console?

You have 1 of 2 problems here: (or possibly both)
1) Your drive is not flashed with ixtreme
2) Your drive has a weak laser, and cannot read your backups
specialbusboys
Squire
Squire

Post by specialbusboys »

okay i will clean the laser and reflash it with ixtreme 1.51. will tell you how it goes. by the way when i put the backup it says open tray for a while. i notice when the drive wasn't modded and when i put the backup it didn't play it like a dvd it just reads it then just say open tray.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Sounds to me like a bad laser. Sounds like your saying before it was flashed it wouldnt even try to read backups. It would say reading for a second then say open tray.

Then once you flashed it, it now tries to read, but fails. To me that sounds like a bad laser.
specialbusboys
Squire
Squire

Post by specialbusboys »

well i clean the laser and reflashed with ixtreme 1.51 but still has the problem. i guess i have to replace the laser then or the drive. do you know any good place to buy hitachi lasers?
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

You could try pot tweaking them as a final resort. Failing that the lasers are about 15 quid. You could also keep your eyes open for a cheap benq drive and spoof it over.

Edit: http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/xbox ... p-197.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has them in stock
specialbusboys
Squire
Squire

Post by specialbusboys »

what is pot tweaking? how do you do it? :o
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Its a method of decreasing the resistance of the drives "pot" If you decide to give it a go you'll need a multimeter and take it easy as it doesn't take much of a turn to decrease it. Too much and you'll blow a hole in the top of your house and more than likely blow a star up (maybe slightly exagerating there but you will knack your laser) Google it as there are quite a few good guides on t'internet.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

have a read over this
http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... =198&t=423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
specialbusboys
Squire
Squire

Post by specialbusboys »

Its been a long time since I have answered this post but my friend got a drive replacement so now he is waiting for LT fw to come out for the hitachi. I appreciate the help you guys. :D

Return to “Beginners”