Missing Wisely Loves Lan String ??

Post Iprep 101 things here.
thenewguy16
Peasant
Peasant

Missing Wisely Loves Lan String ??

Post by thenewguy16 »

Trying to flash my Benq from 1.5 to 1.61 with iPrep. It'll read through the first 3 portions just fine then it'll give me an error with a bunch of F's then it'll give me "Missing Wisely Loves Lan String" and then tell me to retry dumping. I've tried different versions of iPrep and downloaded the firmware from different locations. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Oh and it doesn't seem like it did anything but read my drive. I can still read and play original and wave 3 back up games.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Missing Wisely Loves Lan String ??

Post by sadalius »

Hmmmm. Never seen a benq that was actually missing that string before. Can you try jungle flasher at all?
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
gazzer
Bandit
Bandit

Post by gazzer »

hi had this problem myself with a benq last night turns out it was a spoofed drive from a liteon so the only thing i could think was because some of the string was from the liteon that must be why it wouldnt go through the 1.61 process as there is no liteon 1.61 firmware yet. but lucky for me i had the keys from the liteon so made the 1.61 firmware with jungle flasher. then did the flash only with iprep v8 with the updated idef installed
thenewguy16
Peasant
Peasant

Post by thenewguy16 »

Thanks for the replies. I tried using jungleflasher.. but i don't know if its because i have vista or i didn't install portio correctly, or something.. but i couldn't get it to detect my drive. I've never used jungleflasher before because i've always had luck with iPrep (if ain't broke don't fix it). I bought my 360 new and haven't changed anything on it but the firmware from original to 1.41 a year ago and then 1.5 earlier this year and i don't remember any hiccups. Was thinking about flashing it back to 1.41 and then to 1.61... but i don't want to make it worse. If i was to figure out jungleflasher might i have different results?

update: with the help of youtube i got it going on jungleflasher first try. thanks
ozstriker03
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ozstriker03 »

I'm having the same problem. Previously flashed from 1.5 - 1.51, now trying to flash from 1.51 - 1.61. Iprep reads all the banks then gives me error FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF missing wisely loves lan string, try redumping firmware C:>

Any suggestions? I have a Via VT6421 card, correct drivers installed. I've tried using jungleflasher however no matter what I do it can't detect the drive on my vista or xp partition. Any help would be appriectaed or newguy do you have the link to the vid that worked for you?

Thanks everyone!

Update: Watched a vid on you tube & after uninstalling my via drivers then manually installing portio32 on my xp partition jungleflasher saw my drive first crack. Still weirded out by the iprep error, hopefully it works better for sammy's & Lite on's!!!
cybertroll
Peasant
Peasant

Post by cybertroll »

Same thing for me. I have always used iprep and haven't run into any issues. I was trying to update from 1.6 to 1.61 on my BenQ. I was using the new iprep 10.7 with ixtreme 1.61 and the proper definition files. I get the same error as you guys.

My last flash to 1.6 went very well and encountered no errors. I was banned by Microsoft last night for the first time since modding my xbox last year. Does a ban affect flashing at all? I will try jungleflasher and see if that does the trick.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

No, banning does not affect flashing. Only affects live services and a few other things.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
Jongym
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Jongym »

Anyone Have success with this because I have the same problem and Don't Really know what to do next?

Return to “IPreP”