Powering the drive with XBOX power supply

Post Iprep 101 things here.
tiaguim
Peasant
Peasant

Powering the drive with XBOX power supply

Post by tiaguim »

Hey guys,
Here's the thing, I flhased my xbox 360 from ixtreme 1.4 to 1.51 with my xbox 360 power supply and iPrep 9 and works perfect,

I want to know if, is it safe to do it again with iPrep 10.7 and iXtreme 1.61, using my xbox 360 power supply?

Thx, in advance.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Powering the drive with XBOX power supply

Post by sadalius »

That is a subject thats up for debate. There are lots of people that do it that way. And there are people that think that the 360 logs each time the console is booted without the sata cable attached. No one has been able to prove either way. So I say if it works for you, then thats the way to go.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
tiaguim
Peasant
Peasant

Post by tiaguim »

Thx Sadalius, I'm gonna try with the power supply again, and i'll post my results
tiaguim
Peasant
Peasant

Post by tiaguim »

As I promised I'll post my results about flashing with the Xbox 360 power supply using Iprep 10.7 iXtreme 1.61

I flashed 2 Xbox yesterday, 1 was mine with the iXtreme 1.51, the other was an Elite with the original firmware.

I used the VIA 6421 A board, followed the instructions of the video cofree posted and everything went just fine. I didn't connect the video cable on the xbox, just the power cable.

So, if some of you guys are trying to flash your xbox with the power supply, go ahead, works perfect.

Thx everyone for the help.

Return to “IPreP”