What is really going on?

Any thing that should be in the toilet can and should be posted here!
Sui[*]
Peasant
Peasant

What is really going on?

Post by Sui[*] »

I've been doing a hefty amount of reading over the past few days. I've modded about 15-20 consoles around my area and i have yet to find a solid pattern able to coincide with any theories I've read about consoles being banned. I have two friends who as used as examples of why others should get their boxes modded.

One friend has had his box modded for over two years. As of 2 hours ago he has not been touched by the ban hammer. He doesn't use abgx360 on any of his games and takes very little precaution to avoid getting banned. He plays games before the release date while connected to live and hasn't been affected by all this in the least. i updated his console a week ago to the 1.61 benq firmware and let him borrow one of my boxes in the mean time. The console borrowed only touched live for those few hours. I modded that borrowed box specifically to ensure that the games i burned worked on a modded console. It never touched live before i let my friend borrow it. Hell i haven't even had an xbox live account since September. I game everything on PC. The other day I let another friend use it for the same reason and it was banned as soon as it touched live. The EXACT moment it touched live.

The other friend has had his modded for over a year and he has year yet to be touched. He is a little more cautious but his games never touch agbx360 also. He is online as i type this playing a pirated copy of MW2. I have found that most of the copies of their games don't pass various tests on agbx360.

Over 65% of all the boxes i've modded have been banned. All of them have been modded within the past 6 weeks. I think just about all of them have touched newer Wave 3 games. Other boxes that haven't been banned meet the same criteria. I'm still waiting to see what happens with each one. As far as what kind of updates they received with each game i don't know. But i have always wondered what Microsoft updates when you get these "updates" i got plenty before i modded my box and after.

The truth is no one knows what the hell is going on and how this is happening except for the people at Microsoft who have kept it a closely guarded secret. I sure as hell can't figure it out. I've read and come up with theories only to find solid evidence against each one. This is all weird.
EnVyMoNtOyA
Bandit
Bandit

Re: What is really going on?

Post by EnVyMoNtOyA »

man hopefully we'll have a break through soon :roll:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Image::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
trailz
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by trailz »

I don't know man. Do you think abgx could be part of the problem? M$ submitting bogus CRC's? I rip all my stuff myself and I've noticed a good portion of my discs don't pass. The database seems to be missing information on collector's editions and late prints (when they sell the game in a new box advertising all the awards it won).
But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
you just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Bannings are random... I played on a console I restored to stock, played maybe 2 hours, and was banned, then I was playing online with a backup of the same game, and was able to play for like 2 days online before I was banned...

Some people have luck, and dont get banned... They are not above the ban hammer because they are doing something special, they are just lucky they haven't been caught.

Return to “The Outhouse”