Teen Faces 38 Years For Hacking School Computers

Have a read and let us know what you think.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Teen Faces 38 Years For Hacking School Computers

Post by CoFree »

Teen Faces 38 Years in Prison For Hacking School Computers
by: Shane McGlaun
Graduation time is near for most students at Tesoro High School in Orange County California. However, two students are facing the prospect of beginning a prison term rather than walking across the stage to receive their diplomas. One of the teens faces the possibility of 38 years in prison.

The two teens, Omar Khan and Tanvir Singh, have been charged with multiple felony counts. Khan’s chargers are by far the most severe with a total of 69 felony counts pending against him including identity theft, second degree burglary, computer access and fraud, removing and secreting a public record and altering and falsifying a public record.

The charges stem from Khan’s attempt to hack into his teachers computer using a stolen password to change his low grades to A’s and B’s. Khan is also alleged to have tried to install spyware to allow him access to the schools secure network remotely. In addition to attempting to change his own grades, Khan is also accused of trying to change the grades of 12 other students.

Khan was found out when he requested a school transcript in order to appeal a denial of admission to the University of California for the coming fall semester. An investigation was started after school administrators noticed discrepancies in Khan’s grades. That investigation resulted in the officials finding Khan had original tests, answers and copies of his altered grades.

The second teen, Singh, faces four counts including conspiracy, burglary, computer fraud and altering a public record after an alleged attempt to break into a class room and steal test answers before a test.

Merlin Stapleton, attorney for Singh said, “This is certainly not the first time we've heard of a kid cheating. Sometimes they do these types of things simply to see if they can. The only thing that makes this case different is the technology used.”

The 38-year sentence is the maximum Khan could face and both teens face arraignment on July 8.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
nxdragon
Bandit
Bandit

Re: Teen Faces 38 Years For Hacking School Computers

Post by nxdragon »

oh boy that are in some trouble. I can't wait to see what happens to them. I can't believe they did that. Try harder in school and you wouldn't have to hack into the teachers computer and try to change your grades. Well i don't see them graduating. Off to prison they go or jail. Man oh man i wonder what their parents said?
Sesshomaru
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by Sesshomaru »

38 years for trying to change their grades!? I'm sorry, rapists do less time than that. These kids should be punished, not turned into monsters by the privatized prison system run by guards-turned-gangsters.
Jman 31
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Jman 31 »

I think that's just an attempt at making the story more dramatic Sess. 38 years, I would assume, is the maximum sentence for the charges he's faced with. Chances are, if its his first offense, he will get community service and a slap on the wrist. I agree though, I've seen stories where murderers only get 12 years. :evil:
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Yeah, Jman is right. The 38 years is just what he could get, not what he will get. I can pretty much say that he won't get much, if any jail time. Like Jman said, the majority of it will probably be community service and probably a probationary period to prove they can stay out of trouble. Also depends on the mood of the judge and how they present themselves to the judge.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “Front Page News”