Kid Rock's surprising take on illegal downloading

Have a read and let us know what you think.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

by: Steve Guttenberg
Kid Rock's ironic "just do it" YouTube rant on illegal downloading is funny and makes the point--illegal downloading is stealing. With a smile on his face Rock says, "I'm rich," so sure it's OK to steal my music. Oh, and while you're at it, "Steal everything." Steal an iPod, Steve Jobs is a billionaire, he'll never miss it. Get yourself a Toyota, "They're foreign" and the gas too, "You know how much money the oil companies make?" Rock shrugs it all off, "They're not going to miss $30 or $40 worth of gas."

Rock exaggerates to make the message is super clear, illegal downloading is stealing. At the end of the video he takes a long drag on his cigar and says "Stay in school and stay off the drugs." I will add that buying an iTune certainly isn't stealing, but it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Don Reisinger's recent blog, "The music industry abuses us and we're to blame" brilliantly illustrates the point. When you legally download music, you don't really own anything. Or as Reisinger put it, "When you 'buy' a song on iTunes, you're not really buying it. Instead, you're acquiring the license to listen to a song that can be taken away from you at any moment, can't be sent anywhere you'd like for it to be, and is subject to draconian copyright laws that see you paying too much for too little."

Come on people, wake up and buy CDs, LPs, or DRM-free downloads.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Kid Rock's surprising take on illegal downloading

Post by CoFree »

hahaha
makes sense to me.
but
just dont get caught
taking all that shit.
:lol: :lol:
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Really. I think artists are missing the point. Usually when people speak with their wallets, the people providing the product listens and tries to find what will make their product sell. If they don't then they go out of business. In this case, its obvious that people want the product, but the fact that a good majority of people, not all mind you, just a lot of them, are illegally downloading them says something is wrong somewhere. Do people really feel that music and movies and such is not worth paying for? I don't think that they do. I think they feel they are getting shafted. I mean lets take a look at Kid Rock himself. The last CD of his I bought was a descent price. I think it was like 10 bucks. But there are only 3 songs on the whole thing that I like. Had I purchased them online, I would have been out 3 or so bucks, but at the time, I didn't know that all those other songs sucked. So I feel ripped off a little. I would imagine that a few other people feel the same way so they feel that downloading it would be a proper payback. Or maybe I'm just thinking a little too much, or not enough. Who knows.... I don't have the answer as to whether its right or wrong, I just know that the answer you get depends on if you ask someone thats in the business, or someone thats on the other side of the fence.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
nxdragon
Bandit
Bandit

Post by nxdragon »

I heard about this on my Sirius Radio. Man finally someone speaks the truth.
Jman 31
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Jman 31 »

My point of view is this. Look at cribs on mtv and see who has the baddest cribs. It actors/actress, athletes and musicians. Are you telling me that just singing a song or hitting a baseball is worth that much more than what I do? I think not! I don't feel sorry a bit that those people make a little less money. About time that they had to face reality and actually work their ass off for peanuts like the rest of us. What a bunch of spoiled whiners.

This is solely my opinion. It is not the opinion of robinhoodsplayground or any affiliate of robinhoodsplayground. Opinions expressed by me are mine and not to be republished or rebroadcasted in any way. I am not responsible for any injuries or lawsuits resulting from the publishing of my opinion. If you are caught stealing, downloading or redistributing my opinions, I will personally see to it that you get a premeditated ass whipping. This may or may not be distributed by me!
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

hahahahaha
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No Questions by PM.

Return to “Front Page News”