itunes sync problems

Topics that are specific to iphones go hear.
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

itunes sync problems

Post by BobSeager »

Don't know if this affects touch users, but I can say it affected my phone. When I place my iphone in the dock to sync w/itunes, it syncs in and out every few seconds. Needless to say this is frustrating. I restored/jailbroke/unlocked to fix it but it didn't solve the problem. Interestingly, when I plug the iphone into the usb connector WITHOUT using the dock, it syncs flawlessly and holds its connection everytime. If you encounter a similar issue you may try this before restoring.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this might function this way?
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: itunes sync problems

Post by sadalius »

Maybe its something with the dock and how it connects into the iphone. I had an issue once where I was having trouble syncing, but I don't have a dock. What happened with mine was I put a case on mine by bodyglove. When this case is on my ipod, the connector on the cable doesn't fit all the way into the port, it kind of goes in caddycornered. It clicked so I thought it was all the way in, but it wasn't. It liked about a 16th of an inch being fully seated. Once I saw that, I messed with the case a little bit and got the connector fully seated and it was working again.

This may not be the issue, but its worth a look. Still sounds like something with the dock if it isn't the problem.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

The part that confuses me is I get an error 0xE8000001 'cannot sync with iphone'

So that makes me think its software-related
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Ah, found this -

Re: Rebellious iPhone (Error 0xE8000001)
Well, last night I used my iPod cable to charge through one of my USB ports instead of my dual dock, and guess what... I woke up to a fully charged (and still connected) iPhone!

Looks like it was the dock that was faulty. I'll be going to the Apple Store to switch it out. Thanks for all the help everyone, finally happy to get it solved! =)
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

That was what made me think it was the dock. It working with the cable and all.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “iphone specific”