Problems burning 360 games using Aone discs

For questions with backing up your games!
Rich147
Peasant
Peasant

Problems burning 360 games using Aone discs

Post by Rich147 »

Hi All,

Firstly - compliments to all the guys on here putting all the tutorials up - couldn't have modded my 360 without it.

I am having a problem burning my ISO files to DVD. I am using IMGBurn and setting the layer-break, running at 2.4X. The DVD's are Aone Premium 8X DVD+R DL.

I run the ISO's through ABGX or XBC and they find no problems with the files. I then burn from the .DVD files.

The problem that I get is putting the discs into the 360 some games will play - up to a point, until they crash (MX vs ATV Untamed does this when selecting some tracks) some others will play for a small amount of time before stopping with the 'disc error' screen. I have done about 15 burns now using these Aone discs - as recommended by someone who never has bad burns.

I started thinking it was the DVD writer, so bought a new one (HP dvd1160i - a rebrand of a lite-on) but this has not got rid of the issue.

My 360 has a lite-on drive with FW 1.51.

Any help would be much appreciated.... thanks in advance
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Problems burning 360 games using Aone discs

Post by dalecheesy »

Could either be down to cheap media or the lasers on its way out (should be ok though as its a Liteon and not an older Hitachi etc but these things happen). Try and get a hold of a verbatim (made in singapore) disc and try it again to rule out the media. Just because aones work on a mates doesn't mean it will necessarily work on yours as it's a bit of trial and error to find compatible discs (aones work fine in mine). Verbs are the best choice but they're pretty pricey compared to others but they're the bestestest. :)
Rich147
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Rich147 »

Some of the ISO files show a DATA ZONE CAPACITY value in ImgBurn as 2,086,912. When I ran some of the burnt discs through ABGX it spotted out that some of the layer breaks (but not all of) are at this value. I find this strange, as I have set my User Specified break at 1913760...

Anyone got any ideas as to why its doing this? I am selecting the .dvd file when burning... any help much appreciated
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Just select use optimal, that way you can use img burn for other things aswell. (Your dvd file consists of the iso name, and the layerbreak, so by opening your .dvd file it will set the layerbreak. If you even open the .iso img burn will automatically open the .dvd file and call you an idiot in a message box)

That data capacity is correct. Keep in mind those details are the disk details, and have nothing to do with your settings.

I just compared your disk info to a verbatim, and its all the exact same...
Rich147
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Rich147 »

Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a try with 'optimal' - just thought it was odd that it put a layer at the 2,086,912 figure thats all.

Rich
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

keep in mind man
the console was made to not read backup disc of any kind we are making it do something they do not want it to do.

getting some good verbatim disc and burn slow should fix your trouble
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
Rich147
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Rich147 »

Thanks guys - best get the old wallet out and test some Verts - had a quick look through the forums on the verts now and seems a lot of people sing their praises...I went with Aone because of someone highly rating them to me, and ebuyer.com - a UK supplier, rates them in their product description as being excellent for the 360 modding environment...lets see if they are wrong by trying some verts?!

Again - thanks for the help :o)

Return to “Game Backups”