PORTIO32 problems

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
cduey100
Peasant
Peasant

PORTIO32 problems

Post by cduey100 »

I have flashed lots of 360's on my old computer but now I have a New computer (which has the via6421a sata card)I cant get the portio32 to install.
I have tried the manual way and it it even appears to start doing, then comes up with the following copy error.
"Setup cannot copy the portio32.sys"
Ensure the location specified below is correct, or change it and insert "winfordEngineeringInstallation Disk in the drive you specified.

I also tried the the portio32_installer_v5 and it tells me error please insert portio32.dll manually.

I have tried everthing i can think of over the last 2 days
My via sata card installs ok but cant find any devices, I have tried even disable and name change the driver than re enable but tis doesnt seem to make any differences.
I think once i get the portio32 sorted the rest will work out

I generally use iprep and make bootable disk and then boot up computer and flash but even this wont work.
I am running winXP (I assume it is in 32 bit)
running intel 8200 quad core processor
4gb ram
Which is the best version of jungleFalsher and iprep to use these days?

Any help would be appreciated
sas67
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: PORTIO32 problems

Post by sas67 »

portIO should install easily,even manually..when i get a new jungleflasher i always install the portIO32 which comes with that release.as far as i know iprep doesnt use portIO(maybe wrong there)
what drive are you flashing?
did you follow portIO manual install readme correctly?
flash all phat's and slim drives upto 1175fw.awaiting delivery of cr3lite

commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Post by commando_lee »

sas67 wrote:portIO should install easily,even manually..when i get a new jungleflasher i always install the portIO32 which comes with that release.as far as i know iprep doesnt use portIO(maybe wrong there)
what drive are you flashing?
did you follow portIO manual install readme correctly?

your right mate iprep 10.7 only needs,

Microsoft .NET Framework V2 & you will need to have the sata drivers installed so that windows sees the via card.

just made this viewtopic.php?f=101&t=8126&p=44658#p44658" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
cduey100
Peasant
Peasant

Post by cduey100 »

Problem Sorted it was my anti virus (trend micro) once i turned av off i was able to install portio32 manually
Thanks to all

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”