Xbox 360 HDD

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
carlos
Bandit
Bandit

Xbox 360 HDD

Post by carlos »

Can you use an Xbox 360 banned console Hard Drive which doesn't let you install games on to it on another console?

Will the hard drive work perfectly and let me install games on to it if I use it on another unbanned console?

If so, is it safe to use it on another console or can MS trace me and ban me again?

Thanks
cainhunpi
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Re: Xbox 360 HDD

Post by cainhunpi »

Yep, it is safe and you can do it. you just have to format the HDD
carlos
Bandit
Bandit

Post by carlos »

cainhunpi wrote:Yep, it is safe and you can do it. you just have to format the HDD
So I can even recover my gamertag with the 'corrupt' HDD on a new console and still be 'safe'?

Thanks
cainhunpi
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by cainhunpi »

carlos wrote:
cainhunpi wrote:Yep, it is safe and you can do it. you just have to format the HDD
So I can even recover my gamertag with the 'corrupt' HDD on a new console and still be 'safe'?

Thanks
yes but you have to format it before recovering the gamer tag. and yes it is safe
carlos
Bandit
Bandit

Post by carlos »

Thanks. I'll try that out.

;)
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

You dont have to format it, if you plug your HDD into another console it will say the profile you logged into xbox live with is corrupted, you will need to go to system > memory > profiles then delete the profile, only delete it and not the "profile and items" then recover your gamertag, and you should be all good to go...

I had to do it once, I never really looked the second time, I just did it, and a close friend of mine didnt even need to recover his GT his profile wasn't corrupted...
viper666
Squire
Squire

Post by viper666 »

So if I get my lite on banned, soon all i have to do is format the hdd, and recover the gamertag, then I can play on live again with the old drive or no just games of line saves?

Return to “General information”