Drive flashed with1.61 but wont play backup of MW2

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
cduey100
Peasant
Peasant

Drive flashed with1.61 but wont play backup of MW2

Post by cduey100 »

Drive is flashed with ixtreme 1.61 but wont play my backup of MW2 just thinks its a DVD (but plays NFS shift fine). Disc burn is good as it plays on my sons 360 that was last flashed 2 years ago but not sure with what.
Any ideas of what is going on. Is there other firmwares to use other than ixtreme???
Regards
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Drive flashed with1.61 but wont play backup of MW2

Post by dalecheesy »

Redownload 1.61 for your sammy or benq (as thats the only 1.61 ixtreme available) and reflash the drive. Sounds like it's been flashed with 1.6 or below if its giving you the play dvd screen or you could always try the activate.iso to rule it out being 1.6. NFS shift was only a wave 3 game not wave 4 like MW2.
Deathuntou
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by Deathuntou »

Just Flashed to 1.61 BenQ lastnight with new iprep. Playing MW2 with no problems, yeah you may want to check and make sure you got the 1.61. Your son's may be a hitachi drive if it was flashed that long ago witch will boot from 1.51 I think it was on the Hitachi.
docwarbucks
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by docwarbucks »

maybe the version you have is passing stealth. try "1.41 non stealth" for benq it will play everything and i personally believe is ban proof right now. but not 100% of course the risk is yours.
Deathuntou
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by Deathuntou »

I just tried reflashing a Banned BenQ to the 1.61 and everything that I put in the drive says play dvd. I flashed a non Banned system BenQ lastnight everything works with no problems on the non banned system. Did M$ disable the flashing of the banned systems???? Like I said the non Banned system 1.61 Works Great MW2 Playing great But the banned system will not play anything but if I go Back to the 1.51 on the banned system everything works as it used to. Has anyone had the same thing on a banned system and on a non Banned system.
docwarbucks
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by docwarbucks »

no they did'nt disable flashing sounds like maybe you got the wrong drive keys. maybe you mixed up the bin from the one you did yesterday.
Deathuntou
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by Deathuntou »

No I redid the USB dive completely erased the drive re did it with iprep reflashed the drive back to 1.51 played the games fine went back to re flash to 1.61 again and same thing happes 4 different times get the same thing I clear all data from the usb drive first then re format the drive then try and flash same thing every time but if I go back to the 1.51 again it works fine
docwarbucks
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by docwarbucks »

you games are either not stealth patched properly or you are flashing the wrong firmware.
Deathuntou
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by Deathuntou »

I am using the same disk in both non banned and banned Like I said Works Fine on non banned but not the banned it is the right FW also dbl checked it 1.61 stealth BENQ I don't know I am going to keep trying and see what happens any other help would be accepted thanks all
docwarbucks
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by docwarbucks »

try downloading 1.41 non stealth other then that try 1.6 and use the activate iso.
Deathuntou
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by Deathuntou »

Thanks for all the Help I don't know what I was doing wrong but Took a Break LOL for a MIN went back reflashed to 1.51 got my key back reflashed to the 1.61 playing MW2 no problems thanks again for all the support on this site.
cduey100
Peasant
Peasant

Post by cduey100 »

Thanks turns out it was flashed with 1.6, reflashed with 1.61 works perfect.
Still really confused about why my sons xbox which was last flashed 2 yeare ago buy someone else, and it still plays all the latest stuff MW2. I checked his console and it has a samsunge drive (not sure if ms25 or ms28). Why would his drive not need reflashing as mine has had 3 reflashes done to keep up. Any idea why his doesnt need reflashing as mine does.
Thanks
docwarbucks
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by docwarbucks »

because he has a older non stealth version

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”