Behind the Scenes at Team Jungle (THX)

Have a read and let us know what you think.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Behind the Scenes at Team Jungle (THX)

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Its sad to see happen, the team falling apart, but its almost common place for these things to happen in 'hacking scenes' all we can do is hope the team after 3 years of working together decides to get back together, and make sure the financial strain is not so heavy that this happens again.

I'm very glad I read this, I was always quite confused about what happened with the foundmy thing and why the tensions were high after that.
docwarbucks wrote:I blame myself a little I have taken so much from team jungle and I have donated finacially nothing to them. I make a comfortable living off their hard work.
I agree, and I know there are lots of us out there. I have made money in the last few months from xbox's some has been for fixes, but most has been from flashing, and I have not donated anything.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

Guys lets not get to far from the facts.
Im glad you want to donate something to the cause.

i see 2 thing that are going to cause a problem

at this point you dont know who or where to give to
and even if it gets to the right person.

2.Im not going to let you guys start a lot of crap about how you have not done your part.
YOU HAVE.
right you have not gave money
but as far as im concearned you have gave something worth as much
YOUR TIME.

We as far as the site goes HaVE some of the best (if not the best ;) ) support
for THERE stuff.

I see what I have done and what the staff and members of this site do to help and GIVE BACK
and its a lot.

Im not talking about things I think
Im talking about thing I KNOW.

There are many people having a hard time with the economy like it is the world over.
I'm sure most if not all of you know someone (if not yourself) that is having a hard time.

All this does is show us it has hit the people that we look up to and respect in the modding scene

Sorry guys but
I could not let you go own like that with out reminding you just how much you have donated.
I for one
thank you very much for your hard work. :D
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
Han Cholo
Bandit
Bandit

Post by Han Cholo »

Well said.
djshauny1
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by djshauny1 »

CoFree wrote:Guys lets not get to far from the facts.
Im glad you want to donate something to the cause.

i see 2 thing that are going to cause a problem

at this point you dont know who or where to give to
and even if it gets to the right person.

2.Im not going to let you guys start a lot of crap about how you have not done your part.
YOU HAVE.
right you have not gave money
but as far as im concearned you have gave something worth as much
YOUR TIME.

We as far as the site goes HaVE some of the best (if not the best ;) ) support
for THERE stuff.

I see what I have done and what the staff and members of this site do to help and GIVE BACK
and its a lot.

Im not talking about things I think
Im talking about thing I KNOW.

There are many people having a hard time with the economy like it is the world over.
I'm sure most if not all of you know someone (if not yourself) that is having a hard time.

All this does is show us it has hit the people that we look up to and respect in the modding scene

Sorry guys but
I could not let you go own like that with out reminding you just how much you have donated.
I for one
thank you very much for your hard work. :D
Well said cofree i agree with you 100% on that
pink
Bandit
Bandit

Post by pink »

there are alot of very talented people out there that will hopefully step up and take the challenge. these people(Team Jungle) have created some very powerful tools to allow us to do the things we do, but now times must change as they always do. hopefully in the coming weeks or months there will be new ideas and just as talented individuals coming forward to keep this alive.
JOB POSTING:
are u able to work long hard hours decompiling and compiling long lines of code. are u willing to do this while under the pressure from thousands, risk possible incarceration and all for the annual income of 'hope u get paid' then we have the job for u. pls do not take this too seriously
-pink
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Lets not forget just because THX decides to stop work on this, doesn't mean that others wont carry it on. Of course writing great firmware can be difficult but not impossible or even improbable. Several of us here know enough hex to put some basic stuff together. Even if THX dissolves completely there will still be progress even if it's much slower.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
pink
Bandit
Bandit

Post by pink »

that's good news
sas67

Post by sas67 »

i agree with cofrees last post,time is just as precious as money if not more so..i too came to the scene late on but have learned lots and do try and pass on what knowledge i have,as does everyone else here

hopefully things will calm down,and THX will get back to what they do best

heres hoping
flash all phat's and slim drives upto 1175fw.awaiting delivery of cr3lite

moonknight

Post by moonknight »

I donated a small amount, was very surprised to get an email back thanking me personally (it was not an auto generated reply, it was a 2 or 3 email exchange). Turns out not many people at all donate, how selfish is that? How much would it hurt each of us to toss $10 that way? A lot of work goes into this, and most just sit back and wait for the benefits.

Just my 2 cents.
bor4748
Bandit
Bandit

Post by bor4748 »

so these guys are making money off this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bor4748
Bandit
Bandit

Post by bor4748 »

so are we gonna see the ixtreme lt come out??????????
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

bor4748, dont double post, just use the edit button...

There is no ETA, the FW is done, testing is ongoing... Search for a thread named like "Any LT News" or something like that, there is a link to their twitter...
jockavelli
Herald of RHPG
Herald of RHPG

Post by jockavelli »

Ok i've sat back on this one for some time...

but need to say something (nothing major tho).

1) These people DO make money, they charge people when they flash someone's machine (as most people do), don't be fooled into thinking they don't

2) The old "rules" of the "scene" regardless of what was being hacked, Mega Drive (Genesis), Mega CD (Sega CD),
PSone & so on leading to todays hacks on 360, wii (which is a very messy scene) & PS3 (it's getting there..... slowly)
WAS always to prove what could be done with these machines & get it out there for RESPECT, KNOWLEDGE & Finally to IMPROVE them.... Don't get me wrong a little thanks will never go a miss.

But it was NEVER ABOUT MAKING MONEY.

MONEY IS & ALWAYS WILL BE THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.

If this get between them it could set the 360 scene back a fair bit.
Bringing NEWS & VIEWS to RHPG
iamwatt
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by iamwatt »

jockavelli wrote: WAS always to prove what could be done with these machines & get it out there for RESPECT, KNOWLEDGE & Finally to IMPROVE them.... Don't get me wrong a little thanks will never go a miss.
i agree!
jockavelli wrote: MONEY IS & ALWAYS WILL BE THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.
this though, you're wrong, it's the LOVE of money, that's the root of all evil, not money itself. . .
viper666
Squire
Squire

Post by viper666 »

Ok so they do realize that if it goes there way, meaning a pay for flash fix, and then MS releases another patch, or banning wave then they themselves are held liable by collecting payments for services rendered, total lawsuits will be in the 1000s of people. I myself own 3 360, I do not mod for money, no way will I pay for a service controlled by one entity party. I have been in satellite modding and wrote hex code for a couple or IRDs.
There will be others coming threw the pipe willing to show there power, but when you start to charge for a service of personal owned property, controlled by one of the biggest inc companies, hell to pay for them. I urge them to reconsider there route of attack on the general public and force them to pay. If they do might be surprised how many people will not pay. Money is tight everywhere period, greed, no, power is greed, therefore greed/power asks for money. Hey cofree I think there hand might get bit on this one. just my opinion.....

Return to “Front Page News”