microsoft repairs

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
specialbusboys
Squire
Squire

microsoft repairs

Post by specialbusboys »

I wanna ask if any of you guys have send your xbox 360 to m$ lately. My friend told me that m$ is not fixing any xbox 360s that have been tampered. To me this kinda sucks since I have a spare xbox 360 that is broken and I was planning to send to them for fixing it up. This would at least save me $100 instead of getting a new one. But considering how a lot people getting banned for modding then I can see why.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: microsoft repairs

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

If youve been banned you cannot have repairs done on that console. As long as you have not done any soldering or anything you should be able to just buy new warranty seal's and put them back on (im assuming you didnt keep them intact) then send it in.

Ive repaired countless console's that have been 'tampered with'
chrislfc
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by chrislfc »

well i sent one back early in December it should of had a silver seal on it and i put a paper sticker on it and got it back repaired and they even put a new drive in it

i am in the UK if that makes a difference
IF CALSBURG MADE LIER'S THEY WOULD PROBABLE NEVER BE AS GOOD AS HICKS AND GILLETT
specialbusboys
Squire
Squire

Post by specialbusboys »

sorry i haven't post in a while but has anyone sent there xbox in the united states? would like to get one fix by M$ at least so I have another one for any ban waves.
who_be_dat
Bandit
Bandit

Post by who_be_dat »

I send one in that was crippled and M$ repaired it, do what smurf said get seals make it look untampered with. flash drive back to stock, remove any signs of modding. Register the 360 online say it has RROD or e74 and they should repair it. Ive done it a few time no problem.
specialbusboys
Squire
Squire

Post by specialbusboys »

i am planning to send my 360 to guy on ebay who repairs them. He reflows and reballs the mobo so I have confidence he can fix it but thanks for the information.

Return to “General information”