Kreon vs 0800

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
NeoRio
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Kreon vs 0800

Post by NeoRio »

Just wanted to ask for a consensus on the question of how much better (safer) a rip with a 0800 drive is compared to a rip done with a Kreon drive and then patched to ssv2. I have 3 Kreon drives (bought them so that I could have backups if 1 failed)...and before I buy a 360 drive to flash into a 0800 drive, I'm hoping to get some confirmation that there is indeed a noteworthy difference.

In my last post I explained how I always get a yellow error (with my Kreon rips) regarding the Video Partition when checking in ABGX, even after doing the ssv2 patch and even after ABGX does all the automatic downloading of updates and other patches. Do 0800 rips also give the same yellow error?

TIA,
NeoRio
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Kreon vs 0800

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Kreon + manually patched ssv2 = 0800 drive

You can try an 0800 drive for all your rips if your really concerned. At the end of the day your rips dont really matter, you will be banned from live eventually. M$ will likely figure out a way to detect LT, and then start another ban wave.

Look at last wave, there were some consoles that hadn't seen a single game, and they'd been banned. There were also people who played COD online before release and weren't banned until the wave hit.
NeoRio
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by NeoRio »

Thanks for the heads up...much appreciated.

The 2 consoles that I had flashed and used for over 2 years (making copies only of our own original games)...lasted 2 years and at least one ban-hammer without getting banned. It was the last big one (that got us all) that finally got us. So, there was something to be said for crossing your Ts and dotting your Is.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Thats true, the safest possible way to go is an 0800 drive simply because its the same drive that is in your 360.

There is no evidence to suggest the kreon is a worse drive. So if your tight on cash at the moment, just keep your kreon, and keep ripping games that way, but if you are truly concerned about your safety, see if you can find a used drive you can flash to 0800, or buy a new one from ebay.

Return to “General information”