Lite-on freezes and wont eject or close, Help please.

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
360fifa
Bandit
Bandit

Lite-on freezes and wont eject or close, Help please.

Post by 360fifa »

I bought the via6421 sata card and hooked it up to my computer try to restore to stock firmware but frimware has been erase and now I cant use JF to restore/reflash my drive.

Help needed please.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Lite-on freezes and wont eject or close, Help please.

Post by technoe »

Do you have a copy of the original firmware with the correct key?
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
360fifa
Bandit
Bandit

Post by 360fifa »

yes I do.. I also have Iprep but dnt know how to use it, keep getting error msg and it wont boot from usb drive.

thanks again.
360fifa
Bandit
Bandit

Post by 360fifa »

The problems is I had flashed the drive back in 2008 and since then updated the firmaware to ixtreme 1.5. Recently I tried playing fifa12 and it asked me to update which I did try to do and now the update stopped and I am not able to play any games. The Motherboard I had then had the via775 chipset that worked great now I have a SATA Via6421 card and I tried flashing it last night but the drive froze and now the eject button does nothing. I tried using iprep to make a bootable usb however the all the files weren't being copied and I had some error msgs. Can someone guide me please as to which program I can use to get the problem resolved. I do have my Lite-on key.bin, serial.bin, inquiry.bin and dummy.bin file. I also have 2 benq that I'm not using I could try and spoof those. Oh, I dnt play on Live so any guide is welcome.

Thanks
360fifa
Bandit
Bandit

Post by 360fifa »

I got the froze issue fixed now the drive ejects. My only problem now is the update loop i'm stuck in... I tried numerous updates by putting them on a usb drive and updating it, that does noty work. Any ideas anyone? I really want to get this sorted out..

Thanks in advance
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Hold the sync button on the front of your xbox while you power it on. It's supposed to forgive the last update attempt. Once it boots. Power down and reboot with your USB stick in place. It should update correctly then.
360fifa
Bandit
Bandit

Post by 360fifa »

Thanks technoe i'll try this once I get home. I am at work and only the the internet at work for now so I'm trying to get all the info that I need to make this work. If the sync trick does not work what else can I try?

Thanks again.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Sending it to M$? LOL I don't know man. Maybe a different hard drive that has already been updated to the latest dash.
360fifa
Bandit
Bandit

Post by 360fifa »

Hello again guys..

Sorry to say but the sync trick did not work. I also tried using a different Hard drive with the newest update and still nothing. The only think I haven't tried so far is using the original game disc in the console. Or spoofing the drive with a benq/ or calling MS.

Any ideas? Thanks again
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Use the original game, and if possible the original drive with original FW.
360fifa
Bandit
Bandit

Post by 360fifa »

Hello again..

I do have the original firmware insatlled on the drive right now and it didn't even budge. Is there a right way to do the sync trick?

Thanks
Deathuntou
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by Deathuntou »

Try a different harddrive on it and clear cash
360fifa
Bandit
Bandit

Post by 360fifa »

Tried That but still didn't work.
bittersuit_98
Bandit
Bandit

Post by bittersuit_98 »

360fifa wrote:Hello again..

I do have the original firmware insatlled on the drive right now and it didn't even budge. Is there a right way to do the sync trick?

Thanks
This is how I fixed it
1. Adequately Flash back to stock. it's not enough flashing the key back onto the drive. Since you already attempted the update and it failed, your firmware has been overwritten by the update. If you are using a key that you subsequently dumped after flashing your drive for the first time, I believe it does not qualify as "stock". If you have the original firmware (the very first firmware you dumped when you flashed your drive for the very firs time) that should be enough. If you don't, then you need to load the key in JF and use one of the stock firmwares available in the firmware pack. The stock firmwares are categorized by dvd brand, so make sure you are using the stock firmware corresponding to your specific drive (lite on, or Benq). Make sure to select a pre dash update stock fw. This should be enough to put the drive back to stock, and the drive should be ready to take the update.
2. To take the update, use an ORIGINAL game. Do not use the usb drive or the home made CD method. I found them to be unreliable. I suggest using an original GOW3, Fifa 12, or Madden12 to take the update.
3. Once the drive took the update, you should be able to boot to the dash as usual. From that point, you may flash your drive with the newest LT firmware.

Before I get the flames, let me say that I'm not claiming that this is the only way of doing it. I'm just claiming that this is the way it worked for me.

I really hope it you can recover your drive. good luck man

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”