liteon flash and re-flash troubles..

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
Baja
Squire
Squire

liteon flash and re-flash troubles..

Post by Baja »

ive been flashing drives for some time now but seem to have trouble every once in a while with these damn liteons. i will get 1that flashes with no issues at all and than i will get them where no matter what i do, i cant get it to read the drive. it also seems to happen alot when i go to re-flash a drive. im forced to go into my archives and patch the original that i would have got the first time i flashed it..again..assuming i can get it to read at all..

its probably something stupid that im doin or not doin.. if some1 else has had these troubles, would u mind posting a few tips or tricks to try or double check for these to go smoother?

thanks

i use iprep 11 to read, and jf to patch (if i get that far..lol)
Deathuntou
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Re: liteon flash and re-flash troubles..

Post by Deathuntou »

I am not 100% Positive but I think you do have to restore the liteon first b4 you reflash it or you will have those issues, but ask around a bit more see what people here say they are very helpfull here.
Baja
Squire
Squire

Post by Baja »

hmm..that almost sounds like it might make sense but how would u restore it. unlike the lg drives, it doesnt keep the stock fw on the drive.. its erased.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

You dont need to do a restore, if you did, the lite-on ofw would have been out for a long time rather than the few months it has actually been out.

If your able to flash some drives fine and others occasionally give you problems, I'm not sure what to tell you, the odd drive will be a pain to flash, you may just be having bad luck.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”