Benq iPrep flashing problem

Post Iprep 101 things here.
dontjee
Peasant
Peasant

Benq iPrep flashing problem

Post by dontjee »

Hi all,
I'm trying to flash a Benq drive using the latest ixtreme firmware and the latest iPrep. I can get the flash drive setup ok, but when I reboot and try to read the firmware from the drive it hangs during the DOSflash, it's like it doesn't see my drive or something. It doesn't show either of my Sata ports (I have a VIA sata port by the way). Also I have to have the xbox turned on when I start my computer, or when I do turn it on my keyboard stops working. Is that OK?

Any ideas why this DOSflash is freezing up?
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Benq iPrep flashing problem

Post by dalecheesy »

Which port are you using? If you have the Via 6421 card use the internal one (closest to the front of your tower) Do your ports show up in the right hand side of the iprep program under the Liteon tab?
dontjee
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dontjee »

The model number of my Sata PCI card in iPrep is VIA 6421.I tried both ports, neither worked. Under the Liteon tab my card is shown, and it says the primary port is DDA0. Does that help?
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Try disconnecting everything attached to your motherboard. The port to use with iprep is the internal one on the card (the one closest to the front of the tower) but you've tried swapping them so rule that out. Also disable raid in your bios. Are you using XP or Vista?
dontjee
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dontjee »

I'm using XP. Also I don't know if it makes any difference but this drive has been flashed before with iXtreme 1.4. I did it about a year ago with iPrep v006 using a different computer.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

are you using a usb keyboard.
if so its not going to work
try a normal keyboard
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
dontjee
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dontjee »

Yup I am using a USB keyboard. As soon as I get my hands on a regular keyboard I'll try it and report back. Thanks CoFree.
dontjee
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dontjee »

I just tried using a standard keyboad and I got the same result. I also tried unplugging everything from the mobo, but it still gets hung up. It shows my IDE ports, and then hangs. Any more ideas?
Last edited by dontjee on Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Did you mean a standard keyboard? Try going into your bios and enabling usb legacy devices. To check that it's not a problem with your usb stick you could try booting iprep from a floppy and see if you get any further.
dontjee
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dontjee »

Yeah my fault, I meant I tried a standard keyboard, and it didn't work. I'll check out my bios and see if that helps.

Return to “IPreP”