benQ and via 6421 0xFF error

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: benQ and via 6421 0xFF error

Post by CoFree »

man i would love to get a look at that drive.if you pay shipping to get it to me. ;)
ill pay the shipping back. :D
pm me man

This is not a service of robinhoodsplayground.com
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
BIFTA2K
Squire
Squire

Post by BIFTA2K »

ello matey.
dude the drive isnt mine its a friends i borrowed another friends benq drive to see it if it was just a dud benq drive but i got the same results with the 2nd drive as i did with the first drive.
Personally i dont think it is the benq drive i think it may be a hardware error cuasing a faulth in the flashing utils.
i just been over to xboxmods and a guy has posted on my thread there saying he has exactly the same problem
im gonna ask him his hardware setupp to see if any similarities.

Cofree if it was my drive mate id send it i think ur a star for all the help u have given me on here and for the offere to look at it ur a legend man.cheers
BIFTA2K
Squire
Squire

Post by BIFTA2K »

just tried again with dosflash 1.4

turned benq drive on
turned pc on
during my pc's post screen were it says VARIFYING DMA POOL i turned benq drive off
once pc booted into dos
i typed DOSFLASH
it then scans my ports and it finds my benq
i then type DOSFLASH R EF00 1 A0 1 4 A:\ORIG.BIN 0
it asks if i wish to resend mtk vendor info i select yes
my status is 0xD1(THERE IS NO TOGGLING OF THIS STATUS AND IT IS AN INSTANT DISPLAY)
i turn benq off
status switched to 0xF3(AGAIN THIS IS INSTANT NO TOGGLING)
when i turn benq on the status just sits at 0xF3 i left it for 5 mins whilst i made a brew and it doesnt change.

little progress but its further than i have got.something is missing i know it thats why its not flashing.
:shock:
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

you right man

i just cant see anything you have not tried.
just keep posting what your doing maybe something will ring a bell with one of us.
No Questions by PM.
BIFTA2K
Squire
Squire

Post by BIFTA2K »

is it normal for win xp svp 2 to report a different port than when in dos ?
as i get a different port when i look in iprep to what i get when dosflash scans my ports
by the way i use the port dosflash tells me.
:lol:
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

well i would use the port iprep finds

man the port must be right or it wont work.
look into this man it could be it.
No Questions by PM.
BIFTA2K
Squire
Squire

Post by BIFTA2K »

i will try again tomorrow

in dosflash my port with my drive on is reported as EF00
in iprep 1.6 my device I/O is E8D0

strange could this be it as in dosflash it actually displays EF00 with my benq drive and serial type next to it.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

what i know is what every port you are on you have to use that port to dump/flash or it will not work.

like i said make sure you build you stuff with the right port and the dump/flash on that port
this very well is your problem
No Questions by PM.
BIFTA2K
Squire
Squire

Post by BIFTA2K »

HO HO HO!
Seasons greetings.

guys hope you had a good xmas.
just wanted to update on benq problem,after trying everything to flash benq with iprep and all the other flashes just wanted to say i have now done it first time.
The only thing i have done was to format my pc i tried to read firmware with iprep and BINGO dumped firmware first time.
Cheers for all you input guys but problem solved.
enjoy the rest of the holidays and ill stick around as its a top forum.

Bif.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Glad you got it BIFTA2K!! Although I don't know how a format would have helped unless it was a driver issue with the sata card or something. Doesn't matter as long as it worked for you.

Hope you had a good Christmas and hope you have a good new year too!!
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
kcfire
Peasant
Peasant

Post by kcfire »

I had this same problem with mine. It was giving me the 0xFF. What finally worked for me was I would have the drive plugged in and turned on right after I booted into Iprep. I turned it off just before I had to press "y". After I pressed "y" I would turn it on again and It would start to read. Didn't have to do the two second trick or anything like that. I then just left the drive on through the rest of the process and followed the rest of the commands. Kinda weird but it worked.
pluto_00
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by pluto_00 »

0xFF

freezes because the benq isn't found on the port iprep was using

I have a simulair problem did everything in here but no result yet for me.

I'll keep tying !
BIFTA2K
Squire
Squire

Post by BIFTA2K »

Hi there.
I had tried everything i could think of to get my mates benq recognised in iprep,after a couple of weeks iwas on the verge of giving up then i decided to format my pc and installed xp and everything from scratch and guess what i dumped erased and wrote to my benq drive without a glitch ,perfect first time.
If you read through my post ull see all the different things i tried to get it to work and also all the help and advice i was offered by the guys on this board but in the end all it took was a format and a clean c drive.
As you have said you have tried everything but have you tried formatting your pc.Another thing you could try if you dont fancy formatting your c drive , Is if you have a spare hard drive , format it and install all your xbox 360 releated flashing items on this drive.And then run iprep etc from this drive.
I dont know if it will do the trick but i read that on anothjert forum that a user had used this method and it worked for him.
For me i just formatted my c drive.
Up to you if you wish to try it but thats what worked for me and i did try Everything!!!!

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Happy new year.....
samuelsteven
Squire
Squire

Post by samuelsteven »

I had the same problem with the BenQ last week when i tried to flash, 0xFF and nothing else. Cofree and me went back and fourth and nothing, so after a few unsuccessful trys, i started some research. I looked into msinfo to see my port addresses, and i read how to calculate them, and the on a piece of paper, i did the calculations. After that, i went into Iprep and looked at the port that it was trying to connect to, it was the exact same layout as msinfo was listing, which it shouldnt have been. IPREP wasnt recalculating my ports addresses. For example 0cdf, should have been df0c after calculations. Iprep wasnt recalculating it, therefore is dos, the BenQ wouldnt communicate with the 6421's port and that why it game me the 0xFF error it wasnt recognizing. By the way, i have Vista Installed in my main PC and for some reason, Vista was reporting wrong to iprep. I pulled out a spare machine and loaded windows XP on it as well as installed my 6421a sata card. Did the dump right away with no problems, flashed in about 5 minutes. So for the rest of you who have this problem, check IPREP's reported port address and goto msinfo and compare them..they shouldn't be the exact same, if they are thats your problem. My problem was Vista, so if you have Vista, you might want to install XP instead. Hope this hapls some of you all out. Cofree, sadalius..sticky this one..thanx
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

yes vista is giving some people a hard time
i know that

as far as the port address
the port address on the sata pci crd and the port address that iprep pick up should be the same is my understanding
as long as you are in that port it should see the drive and report back
then the information can go both ways.
ill admit im not the best computer guy around.

Sadalius what do you think
read over this and let me know.
No Questions by PM.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”