error code 0110

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
specialbusboys
Squire
Squire

error code 0110

Post by specialbusboys »

hey guys got another xbox 360 that has another problem. I bought this one on ebay and i'm currently trying to fix it. When i got in the mail today I went to go check what the problem is. When I turned it on it worked for a second then it froze. Turned it on again then no ring of light or video.

So I opened it up, did a few adjustments, and heatgun the motherboard. When I turned it on it gave me error code 0102. I was like okayyy....... :? Tried to heat the gpu only and it still gave the same problem. :evil: So I decided to heatgun it again and now it gave me 0110. Any suggestions how to fix this? I'm afraid if I heatgun the mobo the 3rd time it might melt the solder in the gpu.
spartacus99
Squire
Squire

Re: error code 0110

Post by spartacus99 »

not enough temp on heatgun,it has to be 325-350 degrees,your joints are probably "dry" reballing gpu is normally done by machine,very rarely works without the proper gear.There are several good films on utube showing how its done.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

specialbusboys wrote:I'm afraid if I heatgun the mobo the 3rd time it might melt the solder in the gpu.
That is the point in reflowing, you want the solder to melt. The rule of thumb to make sure your gun is hot enough is to take a piece of printer paper, and move your heatgun across the page, and when your able to burn a consistent line, its hot enough...
specialbusboys
Squire
Squire

Post by specialbusboys »

alright i will get to work on it if i get the time. I been busy right now so I will keep you guys updated when i get the chance. any suggestions let me know. :D
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Make sure you dont hold the heat gun anywhere, you need to keep it moving, I usually move it in circles for about 10-12 seconds on each side (at 1000 degrees), then I kick my gun down to low (about 500 degrees) and do both sides again for 10-12 seconds.
specialbusboys
Squire
Squire

Post by specialbusboys »

well i heat gun the xbox again now it has 0020. any suggestions?

Return to “General information”